It is a good idea to start a rinsing routine before storage. This will save the laundry day pre-rinse and slow down deterioration cause by acidic urine. Simply rinse the nappies of the day in Baby’s bath water or during your shower, squeeze as much water out as possible before dropping into your basket.
- Use a laundry bucket with holes in the side to help air circulation
- A sanitary pad with a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil placed on the side of the basket or bucket lid can help lessen any unpleasant odours
- Airflow is important in the storage area
- Keep out of direct sunlight
- It is not necessary to seal in a bucket
- Do not add any water or soaking agents
- Do not soak your nappies
- If necessary, use Sunlight Green Bar/Boereseep as a stain treatment.